Friday, July 22, 2011

New School Year Technology Tools

I just received an email from my district notifying all teachers that we will be getting two furlough days back.  That means I will be starting school earlier than originally planned.  So tonight I am thinking about the new school year.  Not that I have not been thinking all summer, but I want to write some ideas and plans I have for integrating technology.  Here are some of the tools I am planning on using...

My Teacher Tools: these are the tech tools that will make me more organized etc...

Twitter - the most incredible professional development tool EVER
Evernote - an incredible note-taking application
Bit.ly - shortens all websites so that they are easily embedded into websites or elsewhere.
Livebinders - a great tool for collecting and sharing websites, blogs, and web 2.0 resources.
Snapgrades - an online gradebook that allows me to walk around with my phone and grade students, use rubrics, standards based grading and much more.  Students and parents can log in also!
Google Everything - I use a google email for students and parents to get a hold of me and I can easily respond on my phone, google docs, google sites, etc...  I am looking forward to using google+ for my student groups and parent groups.

Student tools I will use (I am sure I will add to this list!)
Collaborize - I am planning on using this as my go to blended learning tool.
Prezi - this is a tool the students love to use to make presentations
Glogster - another great tool for presenting
Google Docs etc... Love this for collaborative writing projects, yes we write in math!!
Voicethread - I really like how students can create a voicethread and then others can contribute and collaborate!
Evernote - I'll teach my kiddos how to use evernote as a tool for organizing and taking notes.
Livebinders - Another tool for organizing
BuzzMath - this is a cool website for students to practice math... Middle School Level!

I know this is only a handful of sites.  I spent last year playing with things and attending Classroom 2.0 Saturday webinars on many of these sites.  I want to mention Edmodo.  I think it is a great site, however for my middle school students it did not work, therefore this coming year I am going to use Collaborate.  I believe Edmodo would be great for younger students.

These are my plans, I just wanted to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment