Looking for a Middle School Math Educator:
- Someone who sees herself as an artist who works for respect, connections, relationships and wants to cause change - Seth Godin
- Someone who is smart, courageous, and bold
- Someone who honors her calling and trusts her heart - Oprah
- Someone who makes plans, takes small steps, revises, refines, improves and then moves forward again - Eric Ryan, Adam Lowry, and Lucas Conley
- Someone who is committed, no more "yes" it better be "hell yes!" - Derek Sivers
- Someone who is willing to be an "Ish" - Peter Reynolds
- Someone willing to find what Drives herself and each of her students - Daniel Pink
- Someone who will "take a moment to slow down to a more thoughtful pace, to ponder, reflect, imagine and envision. Take time to believe in her dreams, to celebrate possibility" and continually ask herself "where is it you want to go..." To follow her North Star - Peter Reynolds
Obviously the above is a compilation of quotes and books I have been spending time with this summer. I will have this list posted in my classroom so I can see it and remember while in the midst of the daily "have to's" we as educators encounter everyday. I know, the above is great stuff in theory, how am I planning on using it to change the everyday workings of my classroom?!
That will be addressed in my next post!