- The mom and wife in me immediately went to - spend more time with my family.
- The educator in me immediately went to - I can participate in a twitter chat or hang out on tweetdeck, google+, voxer, reading blog posts, etc...
- The housekeeper in me immediately went to - I can get the vacuuming done.
- The property owner in me immediately went to - rake pine needles into piles, repeat, repeat.
- The writer in me immediately went to - I can blog for an hour.
- The daughter in me immediately went to - I can pay Mom's bills for the month.
- The exerciser in me immediately went to - I can workout.
- The guilty part of me immediately went to - watching Project Runway recordings.
- The college student in me went to - take a NAP
There are many more "me's" that could go on and on. With the craziness and connectedness of our lives today it is important to stop and take inventory of our priorities and wants and needs.
I think I will take an hour today to sit and be away from all of the me's above. I find in my hectic life, quiet pondering and reflecting allows me to re-connect to the intuitive me. That is the most important me because it guides everything I do and provides a foundation for growth and learning in every situation.
The gift of an hour, a luxurious hour... What would you do with an extra hour?